Dianne Sykes | June 7, 2018
Well it wouldn’t be summer without the sizzle of good BBQ, right?? The great thing about barbecuing is how wonderfully healthy it can be. Yup! That’s right. It’s easy to ditch the hot dogs and over processed hamburgers, heavy sauces and yes the mac-n-cheese too. Oh wait, forgot about the baked beans… we can replace those too!!
Ready to become a healthy grilling expert? Another great thing about summer is that you should have access to some amazing fresh produce during these months. You can easily load your grill with peppers, onions and eggplant.
We wanted to share one of the easiest grilled meals on the planet… seriously fun and super simple!!! Burgers with Roasted Garlic & Rosemary for your next summer party.
Burgers with Roasted Garlic & Rosemary
Total Time: 1 hr. 17 min.
Prep Time: 10 min.
Cooking Time: 1 hr. 7 min.
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 whole garlic bulb
- 1 lb. raw 95% lean ground sirloin
- 1 medium zucchini, coarsely grated
- 6 fresh rosemary sprigs, leaves removed and finely chopped, stems discarded
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- ½ tsp. cracked black pepper
- 4 whole-grain hamburger buns
- 4 slices medium tomato
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 4 red onion slices
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Remove outer papery white layer from garlic, keeping each individual clove covered, and keeping cloves attached to the bulb. Cut off top ½-inch of bulb. Place on a piece of aluminum foil; wrap to completely seal. Bake for 45 minutes, or until tender.
- Preheat grill or broiler to high.
- When cool enough to handle, peel away foil from garlic. Squeeze garlic into a large bowl.
- Add sirloin, zucchini, rosemary, salt, and pepper; mix well. Shape mixture into four patties.
- Grill or broil patties for 4 to 6 minutes on each side, or until desired doneness.
- Top each bottom bun with a patty, tomato slice, lettuce leaf, onion slice, and top bun.