Shayna Schmidt | Feb. 6, 2018
As you get setup on our Livekick platform and prepare for the first session with your amazing trainer, we realize you may have some questions. Here is your personal guide to setting up Livekick super quick!
What you'll need:
- A space to workout: 8+ feet long by 8+ feet wide
- Your device
- Using an iOS device? Download our iOS app.
- Using your laptop? Log in here. We recommend using the browser Chrome.
- Internet connection
- Good energy!
The following are optional, based on your desires, goals, & circumstances:
- Bluetooth headphones
- The Livekick stand (Be sure to answer "Yes" when answering this question from the set on your Member Dashboard, and to provide your address - then we'll ship it to you, free of charge!)
- Wearable device
- Fitness equipment
- Water bottle
- On your Member Dashboard, you will see a "Go Live" button on your session 15 minutes before the session's start time. Enter early to test how you look on camera!
- Size: 8+ feet long (distance between you and the device), by 8+ feet wide
- Home: clear a space approximately the dimensions listed above.
- Gym: Typically, a great free space in a gym can be found in the dumbbell/stretching area front of the mirrors or in an empty group workout studio.
- If using an iPhone, use our iOS app for the best experience. If using an Android phone, use Chrome and head to Livekick.com.
- Immediately prior to the session, make sure your phone and/or tablet are on Do Not Disturb mode. Within that mode, must make sure "Silence" is set to "Always" and not "While iPhone is locked." When "Do Not Disturb" is on, you will see a crescent moon in the status bar.
- If using an iPad, use our iOS app for the best experience. If using an Android tablet, use Chrome and head to Livekick.com.
- Test the video coverage area.
- Turn on the iPad/tablet’s camera so you see yourself or call a friend or family member on a video conferencing app as a test.
- Change the angle of the tablet on its stand, take 2-3 steps back (6-8 feet away from the phone) and make sure your entire body, including head, hands and feet, are in frame. This will ensure you are visible when standing, from the side and when on the floor.
- Laptop or Desktop
- Go to Livekick.com on Chrome.
- Test the video coverage area.
- Open an app like Photobooth so you see yourself or call a friend or family member on a video conferencing app as a test. Or, enter your Livekick session early (the Go Live button appears 15 minutes before the session start time) to test your video.
- Change the angle of the laptop screen, take 2-3 steps back (6-8 feet away from the phone) and make sure your entire body, including head, hands and feet, are in frame. This will ensure you are visible when standing, from the side and when on the floor.
- Headphones: If you are working out in a gym, make sure your wireless headphones are charged and connected to your device.
- We love Apple AirPods but here are some other great options from Amazon for under $50: (1), (2).
- Wearable: If you have an Apple watch or similar monitoring device, make sure to wear it and turn it on before the session begins.
- Phone/Tablet Stand: Did we send you a free stand? If so, make sure to it's set up on a flat surface - we recommend that the surface be slightly elevated, like a table or a gym bench.
- Fitness Equipment/ Yoga Props: Did you want to use specific equipment or props during your session? Did you indicate this on your intake form or in further communication with your trainer? If so, make sure the equipment is nearby and ready to use.
- Water Bottle
- Temperature: Make sure the workout environment will be comfortable. For example, if you are working out from home in the summer, it may be a good idea to turn on the air conditioning, if that is an option.
Make sure to keep your trainer updated on how you are feeling throughout the session and HAVE FUN!